Hudson has been the leader in chiller decontamination services for nearly three decades thanks to our patented and proprietary ZugiBeast? equipment and fast, thorough processes to remove contaminants that would otherwise be left behind by other methods. In fact, our unique and proprietary ZugiBeast? equipment performs up to 10 times faster than anything else in the industry for both online and offline services. We pride ourselves on our expertise and knowledge to remove contaminants, restore system design efficiency which ultimately reduces the systems operating energy use and cost.
When we perform a chiller decontamination our goal is to remove or reduce any moisture, acid, oil, non condensables or particulates from the system. By removing these we can reduce system malfunction and increase system efficiency.
HOW DOES CHILLER CONTAMINATION HAPPEN?
- Moisture is the enemy for a chiller system. When moisture gets into a system for a significant amount of time it can cause inefficiencies and damage.
- Acid can be a result of moisture in a system. This can lead to problems such as motor burn out in the compressor.
- Most, although not all, chiller and refrigerant systems use oil. An oil malfunction such as bad seals can lead to oil entering the system. This causes low heat transfer and the system to run inefficiently.
- If a system was wet, and not cleaned thoroughly the remaining moisture can cause rust. Rust particulates can wreak havoc on a system’s efficiency.
- A non-condensable, such as air, can cause significant problems once inside a chiller system.
The Hudson On-Site R-Side? refrigerant services solution provides chiller decontamination services in the following areas:
System dehydration / moisture reduction
Moisture reductions can be performed on wet chiller systems that are not completely saturated with water, (often referred to as free standing water). This service will prevent the need for costly, full-blown dehydrations. In the event that a full-blown dehydration is required, Hudson’s service can cut the time required by weeks with the help of our unique and proprietary ZugiBeast?. The single most significant result is the removal of residual contaminants, which would be left in the system when using traditional methods such as vacuum pumps and air-drying.
- Removes residual contaminants using the ZugiBeast’s unique on-site capabilities.
- Cuts weeks off the dehydration process when compared to vacuum pumps and air dryers.
- Reduces chiller downtime.
- Rapidly dehydrates air-cooled units.
- Minimizes the chance of rust or corrosion.
- Frees your technicians for other profitable work, thereby increasing your service revenues.
- Salvages the maximum amount of refrigerant.
Hermatic motor burnout
Hermetic motor burnout is one of the most time consuming and expensive repairs chiller owners ever face. If the contaminants are not thoroughly removed, a costly secondary burnout becomes more likely.
On-Site R-Side? refrigerant services recover and reclaim your refrigerant at benchmark speeds up to 6,000 lb/hr using our unique and proprietary ZugiBeast? at your job site.
- Decontaminates centrifugal screw or reciprocating chillers in hours not days.
- Removes contaminants as the refrigerant circulates throughout the system using the ZugiBeast’s unique On-Site R-Side? refrigerant services capabilities.
- Decreases the need for cleanup kits, extra filter cores and suction dryers.
- Minimizes the chance of a second premature burnout.
- Removes all contaminants from centrifugal, screw or reciprocating chillers the first time.
Rust or residue
With so many ways for moisture to enter a system, rust and related particulate contamination has always been a problem for chiller and refrigeration systems. Tubing with rust buildup can degrade chillers performance so much that it must be shut down. Hudson’s On-Site R-Side? refrigerant services
- Will dissolve rust and other particulates from all tube surfaces, even in newly enhanced system designs
- In many cases eliminates the time and expense of re-tubing
- Regains lost system capacity
- Restores heat transfer efficiency
Excess oil reduction
- Restores lost chiller capacity and energy efficiency
- Minimizes or eliminates downtime
- Targets all refrigerant and system contaminants including acids, oil, moisture and particulates
- Speeds conversions and reduces downtime
- Removes all traces of mineral oil the first time
- Dramatically reduces cost by eliminating the need to flush with POE
- Provides full system decontamination including moisture, particulate and acid
- Eliminates the risk of sludge buildup
- Restores system efficiency
- Effectively removes all chemical contaminants
- Maximizes conservation of refrigerant
- Avoids lengthy downtime and repairs normally associated with this problem