At Hudson, we offer three different options for examining your chiller operating systems – and each is designed to save you money in overall operating expenses. These services enable your system to operate at peak efficiency, identify adjustments that conserve energy, and pinpoint any issues before they require costly emergency repairs.
REFRIGERANT OIL AND ANALYSIS PROGRAMS OFFERED:
With Hudson’s Fluid Chemistry? services, you can benefit from both refrigerant and compressor oil testing and analysis. The process examines the relationships between the fluids, providing a more complete picture of their overall condition and impact on the system’s operating efficiency and reliability.
- Refrigerant Testing at Hudson’s AHRI-certified laboratory, including for purity, acidic byproducts, moisture, chlorides, non-condensables, oil and particulates
- Oil Testing (Spectroscopy), including viscosity @40C, elemental analysis by RDE, moisture using crackle test and total acid number (TAN)
- Reporting and Recommendations, a comprehensive refrigerant rating, oil rating and lubricant condition report that includes an expert engineering assessment and any applicable recommendations
One of the hallmarks of our business is something we call “Chiller Chemistry?.” It identifies our unique approach to studying the relationship of refrigerants, oil and all types of contaminants on the performance of chillers, cooling equipment and refrigeration systems. In turn, this allows us to provide the best-in-class solutions to address refrigerant-related problems.
Sampling both oil and refrigerant is essential in ensuring the timely identification of potential problems before they become serious. The real value to our customers comes when the findings are correlated, compared, and tracked over time.
Chiller Chemistry Services Includes:
- A certificate of analysis
- A chemist’s interpretative report
- A comprehensive engineering review with specific service recommendations
- If necessary, an expert engineering assessment and any applicable recommendations
This service includes both Chiller Chemistry? and Performance Evaluation in one unique package and is now available for both air and water-cooled chillers. This state-of-the-art evaluation is based on chiller operating data plus a fluid (refrigerant, oil and water) chemical analysis. Together, this approach optimizes your packaged chiller systems and keeps the units operating efficiently. It is available in both the IP and SI (metric) systems.
CHILLSMART? Services Includes:
- A complete chemistry and engineering-based written review that compares and correlates the relationship between the fluid samples
- Performance Evaluation results as a complete snapshot of the system’s operation, including: Chiller system efficiency, potential energy and cost savings, heat exchanger performance, compressor performance, electric motor, steam turbine, and gas-fired engine performance
- An interpretation report of the findings, interrelationships, and recommendations for remedy
- A certificate of analysis